Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall is my favorite time of year!  the nights are cold and the days are crisp.  Winter is just around the corner.  I find that in the fall people tend to grow closer. I was lucky enough to attend a local play the other day when I was spending a weekend in Jackson Hole Wyoming.  the play was called "Follies" and was held by the local Kiwanis club in a tiny little fairground building.  Basically it was a play on the local politics of town and the many issues that confront Jackson Holeites on a daily basis.  It was a real treat to feel so welcome in a community that I wasn't really a part of or knew nothing about.  My friend and I bumbled our way through the crown eventually being invited to sit at a table behind the Mayor and offered copious amounts of food for our troubles.  Times like that remind me of all of those little warm communities snuggled in the mountains and across the plains and midwest.  Things like this hold us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment